Ketone meter - it makes it easy to follow the keto diet. Ketogenic diet While on a ketogenic diet, a person seeks to limit the amount of carbohydrates in their diet. At that time, most of the energy produced by the diet comes from fats (about 65-70%) and proteins (about 20-25%). Carbohydrates represent only 5-10% of total energy production. With a ketone meter, you quickly learn to identify the right amount of carbohydrates for your body.
What is Ketosis?
Ketosis is a state of the body where the body has moved primarily to produce energy with the help of ketones and fatty acids. In this case, the body utilizes both the fat in the diet and the body's own fat. The ketone meter measures the amount of ketones in the exhaled air. The substance to be measured is acetone. Ketogeeninen-ruokavalio
What are Ketones?
There are three types of ketones: Acetoacetates, Beta-hydroxybutyrates and Acetones. Ketone agents are produced, among others, by: The liver oxidizes fatty acids and especially the brain can utilize these energies. The amount of acetone in the exhaled air is proportional to the amount of ketones in the blood.
Benefits of Ketogenic Diet
When you are on a diet, your body will start using eg. your body's own fat reserves for energy. This results in weight loss for decreasing body fat. The abandonment of excess carbohydrates reduces, for example: heartburn, swelling, helps balance blood sugar and hormonal activity. The body's inflammatory conditions are also reduced. You will notice changes in improved sleep quality and concentration and increased energy.
Ketone meter - how to use it?
- After unpacking the ketosis meter, open the battery door and insert 2 x AAA 1.5V batteries. Batteries not included.
- Put the blow nozzle in place in the appropriate blowing hole.
- Press the power button for 2 seconds - the LCD will light up and the counter will start to fall from 20 seconds downwards.
- When the ketosis meter's 20 second preparation time has ended, 10 second breathing time begins.
- Try to start blowing from normal breathing (do not fill your lungs with air) immediately and blow for at least 5 seconds to get an accurate result.
- At the end of the breathing time, a reading appears on the ketosis meter.
- The reading indicates the concentration of ketones in the blood (KET mmol / L).
- For the best results, you should not eat, drink or smoke for 20 minutes before blowing.
- Test results may vary with mild ketosis. Measurement accuracy improves with readings of 1.0 KET mmol/L and up.
- Jos samaa mittaria käyttää useampi henkilö, käynnistä mittari muutaman kerran ilman puhaltamista siten, että mittari näyttää 0.0 KET mmol/L.
- Puhallusten välissä on syytä pitää 3-5 minuutin väli hengitysilman mukana kulkeutuvan kosteuden haihtumiseksi mittarista.
For instructions on how to use the meter, see the help book provided in the package (in English).